[best far cry]Far Cry 6 Reveal May Have Had a Better Call Saul Reference
An Easter egg referencing AMC’s Better Call Saul may have been found in the latest Far Cry 6 trailer, linking two of Esposito’s villainous characters.
By Olivia Harris
Published Jun 03, 2021
AMC’s?Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fans believe they may have found a Easter egg related to the TV universe in a?Far Cry 6?trailer, and it could lightly link two of star Giancarlo Esposito’s?villain characters together. With both franchises having Esposito playing a key villain, it?was likely hard for Ubisoft to resist having some kind of reference to Esposito’s most famous TV role in Far Cry 6.
Far Cry 6 is Ubisoft’s next adventure in the?open-world FPS franchise, this time tasking players with the liberation of Caribbean island Yara, which is ruled by an tyrant called Antón Castillo that Giancarlo Esposito portrays.?This authoritarian dictator has complete control of the island nation, and the latest in a long line of Far Cry?villains is fighting to put down an armed revolution at his feet. The character comes from a?dynasty of Yaran?dictators and intends on?isolating?the island nation from the outside world and becoming self-sufficient. Unfortunately, his methods are brutal, much like his other famous role, Gustavo Fring from beloved crime dramas?Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
Continue scrolling to keep reading
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Related: Far Cry 6: Map Of Yara Shows The Large Open World Setting
As pointed out by?some users on the Better Call Saul subreddit, it seems that?Far Cry 6’s recent trailer may have contained a direct nod to a fan-favorite Gustavo Fring line. Redditor akanxh_007?shared an image of?Far Cry 6 Antón Castillo quote, “If a dog refuses to break, then we must put them down,” alongside?Fring’s?Better Call Saul?line, “A dog who bites every owner he’s had can only be disciplined with a firm hand. Or put down.” The line used in the game’s trailer is almost a direct quote from the show, in which Fring?is speaking to Hector Salamanca in the hospital.?
While this may seem like somewhat of a stretch, as Esposito’s fantastic and villainous acting does the heavy lifting in both cases, there could very well be an intentional link between the two on Ubisoft’s part.?It’s highly likely?that his vaulted role as Gustavo Fring?influenced?Giancarlo Esposito’s?Far Cry 6 casting, leading the developer to pull from his past villain characters?for inspiration on how to best bring out the unsettling fear and unease that Esposito can leave with an audience, as he also recently did in an even more mainstream setting with?The Mandalorian’s Moff Gideon?.
It will be interesting to see just how much of?Gustavo Fring and Gideon may shine through in the Far Cry 6’s?final release state. Until October, fans of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul will just have to wait and see.
Next: Far Cry 6’s Yara Is an Entire Country & Shakes Up Ubisoft Open-World Formula
Far Cry 6?will be available for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Google Stadia, and Amazon Luna on October 7, 2021.
Far Cry May Go In ‘Radically Different Direction’ After Far Cry 6
far cry 6
About The Author
(232 Articles Published)
Liv Harris is an Australian Freelance Journalist based in Sydney. She is an avid gamer and loves TV/Movies. Liv writes mostly writes about video games, the latest movies and TV shows.
She wrote for Kotaku and Gamespot before joining Screen Rant.
More From Olivia Harris
- 1. elder scrolls ps5
- 2. [deej bungie]Bungie announces date for next raid and departure of Deej
- 3. [The Last of Us Part II]’The Last Of Us Part II’ now runs at 60 fps on the PS5
- 4. last of us 2 platforms
- 5. [cdprojekt red]Don’t Expect a New Witcher Game at July’s WitcherCon, Says CD Projekt RED
- 6. [deej bungie]Bungie announces date for next raid and departure of Deej
- 7. [Jenny LeClue]Jenny LeClue： Detectivu – Hands-on preview from GDC 2019
- 8. [make money fast online for free]James Corden changing controversial show segment, more ICYMI news
- 9. league of legends fps
- 10. [The Legend of Zelda]The Legend of Zelda： Who Princess Zelda’s Mother Is ｜ Screen Rant
- [Clive Barker’s Undying]9 Underrated Horror Games From The 2000s That You Need To Check Out
- [part time earning from home]Eight Home Games Highlight K
- [Super Mario 64]Concept to Console： a history of ‘Super Mario 64’
- [shadow of war tips]My Apology
- [crazy taxi idle tycoon]Sega Heroes and Crazy Taxi Idle Tycoon shutting down ｜ Pocket Gamer.biz ｜ PGbiz