Despite the franchise’s move towards a first-person perspective, a diehard fan mods Resident Evil Village which changes the game to third-person.
By Andrew Heaton
Published 2 hours ago
Since the announcement of Lady Dimitrescu at the beginning of this year, fans of Resident Evil have relished the opportunity to come face-to-face with the game’s matriarchal antagonist. Her popularity continues to skyrocket and fans have taken the opportunity to add?Lady D to both the RE2 and RE3 remakes. However, one thing that’s altered about the series since the seventh game in 2017 is the change from a third-person to a first-person perspective. For those who prefer the former over the latter, one Resident Evil Village fan has got things covered.
In a recent video uploaded to YouTube, it’s been revealed that a modder, who goes by the name Fluffyquack, has changed the perspective of Resident Evil Village which shows the game from a third-person viewpoint. The four-minute video shows Ethan Winters confronting Lady D in a cut-scene in which she attacks him and throws him to the ground, as well as moments of action.
Continue scrolling to keep reading
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
RELATED: Resident Evil: Village’s Lady Dimitrescu Actress Explains How She Brought the Villain to Life
In general, the mod aims to give the player the opportunity to play a modern RE game but with the camera look from something more like Resident Evil 4, for example. From this short clip, it’s clear that the mod works pretty well without detracting from the gameplay elements, even if the camera does glitch out occasionally when closer to walls or floors. Other than that, it’s a very impressive mod which gamers can get hold of through the creator’s Patreon page.
This is also not the first mod Fluffyquack has made for Village. According to their Patreon page, they’ve also created a custom FOV so players can adjust the field of vision, as well as a mod which makes the flies that come from the witches invisible, and they’ve made some adjustments to the game’s demo as well. Resident Evil 8?appears to be?a game which is simply screaming out for the modding community to adjust for the better.
Released at the beginning of May, Village has largely received high praise from the community and critics alike, with some praising the game’s replay value even if it’s not considered the scariest one in the series. Much of the game’s popularity relates to Lady D, whose appearance caused a bit of a storm in the closing months of Capcom’s marketing campaign. While this mod, and many others like it, will ensure the game will continue being played for a long time, it’s arguably the 9ft villain who is partly responsible for generating such hype around the game.
Resident Evil Village is out now for PC, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
MORE: Why Modders Are Mad At Resident Evil Village’s FOV and Vignettes
Call of Duty: Warzone Replaces Quads With Realism Battle Royale and Fans Aren’t Happy
Xbox Series X
Resident Evil 8
Xbox Series S
About The Author
(179 Articles Published)
Full time PhD student and part-time freelance writer. I am, as you can imagine, living an exciting life. Follow me on Twitter @AHeatonWriter or Twitch: Heidious.
More From Andrew Heaton
- 1. [how to watch jersey shore family vacation for free]Jersey Shore： Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Tells Her Costars She’s Engaged to Zack Clayton Carpinello
- 2. [Astro’s Playroom]Astro’s Playroom’s catchy soundtrack is now available everywhere
- 3. [ranking the souls games]The 10 Hardest Soulslike RPGs, Ranked By Difficulty ｜ Game Rant
- 4. [frieza]Should Dragon Ball Keep Recycling Villains Like Frieza & Broly？
- 5. [Moons of Madness]Man-Bat and Raven
- 6. [reddit hytale]Immortals： Fenyx Rising
- 7. [Nintendo Labo Variety Kit]Nintendo Partners with Institute of Play to Bring Nintendo Labo to Schools Across U.S. ｜ Business Wi
- 8. [Ghost Recon Breakpoint]Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon： Breakpoint is free to play for Google Stadia users for a limited time
- 9. [aptoide tv app]How To Install Aptoide TV On Firestick
- 10. [Far Cry New Dawn]The Biggest Far Cry 6 Gameplay Changes That Push The Franchise Forward
- [silhouette design studio app]Brave Kid launches own e-commerce platform and extends brand portfolio
- [Fate／Grand Order (English)]Fate／Grand Order’s English version exceeds 11 million downloads ｜ Pocket Gamer.biz ｜ PGbiz
- [ludo paytm cash games]Stuck at home？ 5 apps that will help you cope with self-isolation
- [what is the best pokemon]Analysis： Here are the top Legendary Pokemon to raid for Pokemon Go Fest 2021
- King of Seas