[Sly 3： Honor Among Thieves]’Sly Cooper’ returns to his roots in new adventure
Sly Cooper debuts first game for PlayStation 3Follow raccoon thief Sly Cooper on a time-traveling adventureAvailable from %2439.99 for PlayStation 3%2C PlayStation Vita
What do you get when you cross a stealthy raccoon, brainy turtle and brawny hippo? The answer is a new Sly Cooper video game, of course.
Based on Sony’s decade-old series, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is the first new Sly Cooper game for the PlayStation 3 — not including 2010’s The Sly Collection — and for the first time, it’s developed by Sanzaru Games instead of Sucker Punch Studios.
Whether you’re a fan of the franchise or brand new to it, you’ll no doubt find this lengthy, value-priced adventure a worthwhile one.
Also available for the PlayStation Vita handheld system, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time picks up right after the events in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. In the prologue, you’re reintroduced to Sly Cooper, a raccoon thief (who only steals from other burglars), and his friends, including a gifted turtle named Bentley and burly hippo, Murray. It seems the famous Thievius Raccoonus — a “thieving” instruction guide that belongs to the Cooper family — is being messed with by a mysterious meddler, and so the gang travels back through time to find Sly’s ancestors and restore the family legacy before it’s too late.
Throughout this single-player campaign you’ll zap to periods of time ranging from Feudal Japan (your first stop) and Ancient Arabia to Medieval England and even the Wild West. Each time period has multiple objectives for you to take on.
In case you’ve never played a Sly Cooper game before, Thieves in Time is played from a cinematic third-person perspective, and folds in elements of action, puzzle-solving, platforming and racing. Much of the time will be spent stealthily traipsing around environments, dressing up in costumes, finding loot, collecting items and defeating enemies in light combat.
As with past games, you’ll have the ability to play as the three main heroes (and others), each one with a unique skill: Sly is stealthy, nimble and a good pick-pocketer; Bentley can maneuver quickly in his souped-up wheelchair and is a savvy computer hacker (which usually spawns a minigame, of sorts); and Murray can punch and butt-slam through obstacles in his way.
The violence is quite tame, however, hence the “Everyone 10+” age rating suggested by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB).
Combat is probably the weakest link in this game, as it’s simple and repetitive, but you won’t be spending much time doing it. Another small beef: the load screens between levels are on the long side.
Visually speaking, Thieves in Time employs attractive “cel-shaded” graphics, which make the game look like a TV cartoon. The PlayStation 3 version is also playable in 3D for those with supported televisions, plus the game offers cross-platform game saves with the portable PlayStation Vita version (sold separately).
With worlds twice as large as previous games, more playable characters (and costumes), tighter controls and HD visuals, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is a great pick that won’t break the bank, at $20 less than most other new PS3 games.
Sly is back, and the mischievous mammal still delivers the goods.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Platform: PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita
Developer: Sanzaru Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America
Web site: slycooper.playstation.com
Price: $39.99 (PS3), $29.99 (PSVita)
Rating: Everyone 10+
Score: 3.5 stars (out of 4)
Contact Saltzman at email@example.com.
- 1. [game sexy 18]8-Year-Old US Boy is World’s Youngest Pro Fornite Gamer, Makes Rs 23 Lakh as Signing Bonus
- 2. gta 5 new update
- 3. [Tetris]Tetris Online – Tetris
- 4. [Prince of Persia： The Sands of Time Remake]Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 date, start time, how to watch, and what to expect
- 5. RiMS Racing
- 6. [monkey live chat]Community Calendar — June 30, 2021
- 7. [hytale riot]Hytale Receives Its May 30th Dev Update, And Development Progress On The Blocky RPG Game Carries Ste
- 8. [The Legend of Zelda： A Link to the Past]The Legend Of Zelda： A Link To The Past
- 9. [blackweb com]Virtual Forum on Archiving the Black Web Scheduled for April 29
- 10. Resident Evil 2
- [KeyWe]Wholesome Direct 2021 Loaded With Wonderful Games
- [earn living online]Earn a certificate in Ecological Restoration
- [mafia 3 dlc]Mafia 3 DLC Content Pack On PS4 Is Now Free Via The PS Store
- [Descenders]Descenders Review (Nintendo Switch)
- [The Banner Saga 3]We All Took The Banner Saga’s Art For Granted